Let There Be Light International
Deputy Director, Partnerships & Development
International Programs and Development
15-20 hours/week, nonexempt, flexible hours
Western NY State (remote considered)
Let There Be Light International (LTBLI) combats Climate Change and Global Poverty through solar programming in off-grid communities in sub-Saharan Africa. LTBLI partners with local NGOs, governments, and stakeholders to impact the health and safety of women, children, and elders who lack access to basic electrification and health services. LTBLI is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit headquartered in Buffalo, New York.
The Deputy Director of Partnerships & Development will support LTBLI’s international solar safety-net programming and will participate in the assessment and communication of our impact. The Deputy Director will have the opportunity to work directly with organizations engaged in Climate Action and Poverty Alleviation in sub-Saharan Africa. The Deputy Director also will responsible for cultivating, stewarding and managing LTBLI’s relationships with funders. The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Director and Founder.
The Deputy Director will demonstrate a commitment to climate action and social justice and have a proven track record of nonprofit engagement. The Deputy Director will exhibit a high level of professionalism, cultural sensitivity, and exceptional communications skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized and have demonstrated experience working with a range of stakeholders. He/she/they will have previously cultivated durable donor relationships and possess the skills necessary to organize and sustain a relationship management system. The Deputy Directorship has the potential to grow into a full-time position over time.
- Programs and Partnerships – 40%
- Engagement with international teams and project tracking
- Data analysis and reports
- Grants and Fundraising – 35%
- Grant Writing (the successful candidate will fund the position in 18-24 months)
- Donor Relations
- Oversee and strengthen systems for relationship management, donor communications, and gift acknowledgement (CRM via Little Green Light)
- Cultivate and steward lasting relationships with current and prospective private, corporate and other funding partners
- Oversee donor prospecting, generating a pipeline of prospective partners
- Assist in the development of tailored content for partners, including but not limited to pitch decks, donation reports, proposals, etc.
- Manage Annual Campaigns – Earth Day (April), LTBLI’s Solar Celebration (June), Back-to-School (Sept), Annual Appeal (Dec)
- Communications/Advocacy – 25%
- Weekly posts for social channels (desk scheduling via Hootsuite)
- Act as Board Liaison and write Board Reports (monthly)
- Write Guest Interviews/Blogs (quarterly) – Consultants, Donors, Board, Partners
- Develop Newsletters (quarterly) via Mailchimp (update/maintain mailing lists)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred, however, less experienced applicants with a track record of innovation and excellent communications skills may be considered
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience fundraising
- Experience in the health or renewable energy sector strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience (or ability to learn) Canva, Piktochart, MapBox, GrantStation, etc.
- Experience using CRM tools (preferably LGL)
How to Apply:
Send your expression of interest with a cover letter, resume and 2 references to: [email protected]